Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

One of the most recent films that I have seen is “Slumdog Millionaire”. I was visiting at my friend’s house bored and he turned the movie on. At first I was not paying attention to it because I found it to be boring and confusing but as the movie progressed, I finally understood what was going on. It was probably one of the best movies that I have seen in a while. I never really thought of how little kids in India were living, but watching this movie gave me an insight on their lives. I found it to be very sad. When the two boy’s mother died it was hard for me to see how they were going to be able to survive. I did not know that people took little children in in order to exploit them in such a way as the man in the movie did. The fact that he was using the children to get money was horrible. When the two boys ran away and left the little girl behind I was afraid to see what was going to happen to her. As the movie continued, I was not quite sure if the guy had made her become a prostitute or a dancer. The name he gave her, Cherry, made it seem as though he had her working the streets. I like the fact that the flashbacks were occurring because he was explaining to the men in charge of Who Wants to Become a Millionaire how he knew all the answers. It was one of the best plots that I have seen in a while. I was not quite sure what the host of the show was trying to do when he gave him the answer. I love the fact that at the end of the movie he wins the girl and the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment