Friday, February 27, 2009

Love and Basketball

My first time seeing the movie “Love and Basketball” was when it first came out in the movie theatres. At a young age I did not know what to expect after viewing the movie. I did not think much of it but I all I knew was that it was a long movie. Years later I viewed the movie again and fell in love with it. To me, it is one of those classic black movies that everyone has seen and love. The way that it was set up with the different quarters was a very smart idea to me. During the first quarter they started off as young kids having a crush on one another. The second quarter they no longer had a crush on one another but were still friends. I like the fact that the girl received more respect than the girls that Q was dating. It was as if she was better than them in a way. I think that it was very romantic how at the end of the prom they finally came together and after that became a couple. I was surprised to see that during the third quarter they fell apart. I feel as though he broke up with her for no reason. The fact that she would not stay out with him late at night because she had curfew was a dumb reason. It seems to me as though he was just jealous that she was doing well with her basketball “career”. The fourth quarter ended perfectly. After being separated for years he found a new love but when they saw each other after all that time their feelings for one another started to come back. My favorite part of the movie was when she was able to win his heart over a basketball game. This will forever be one of my favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment